by AJ Adejare
- The animation is different. Giving off a Persona 4 feel in character type, shading, it comes off as different, maybe a bit fuzzy. I’m assuming that the fuziness may come from Daisuki.
- There’s a LOT of slo mo. I mean a lot. It’s not only overdone but it loses its emphasis as it goes on throughout the episode
- The action is actually fairly interesting. While the pacing can be off because of slow mo, it feels like it has a certain weight to the swinging and attacks.
- The Aragami look fairly interesting. The CG isn’t bad and not that noticeable. We’ll have to see how it is when the lighting is a bit better.
- The story feels interesting and seems like we’re going to see a lot more to come. With that said, I’m glad that for the most part they avoided dialog bombing (aka explain everything by saying it) and instead showed it off.
- Overall, it looks like it’s going to slow burn but may turn out interesting.
God Eater is on Daisuki.net and is licensed by Aniplex of America.