by AJ Adejare
- This opener maybe one of the most hardcore “manliest” openers I’ve seen in a long time (no I have not seen Jojo why do you ask?) which works.
- This is like a “When two world collide they have to work together…” type of series, which I haven’t seen in a while.
- Ushio’s hair is out of control. It could be the best work Rogaine commercial ever. but it’s cool so it works out!
- It’s interesting seeing this series now as to when it first came out. You can definitely see some of the more modern Shonen aspects that would crop up later come in for the series.
- Asako and Mayuko’s banter over Ushio, love it! At least we know straight up that Asako does have feelings for Ushio beyond the series.
- The comedy in Ushio and Tora is awesome. One thing I’ve missed when Shonen sereis get too deep is that the comedy goes away. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t. It’s great that so far this series is showing promise to balance it out. Now, let’s see if it works out.
Ushio and Tora is streaming on Crunchyroll and is licensed by Sentai Filmworks.