by AJ Adejare
- I have some issues with Hotaru and his androgyny. Like I get the fact that they’re going to make it into a major thing (as that’s one of the premises of the show) I felt the way they approached it was clumsy. Breast jokes, and total ignoring of what the character is saying feels a bit lazy for what could be an interesting turn of events.
- Speaking of Hotaru, her sense of justice is really strong, to the point of naivety. I feel it’s going to get annoying quick unless handled appropriately.
- Mattsun is interesting as a character so far, but I wonder how he’s going to develop. Are they going to make him the bad boy with a heart of gold? Will they aim more a more cutesy demeanor that has a deep side to him?
- The fact that everyone pulled up glasses as well as Hotaru too, like HOW?
- The strategy element, feels week. While it makes sense to show how people are thinking, witty banter could easily make it better.
- So, this is what happens when Ouran takes a detour to rural United States and intermingles with some Free style of cuteness. Okay, let’s see how it rolls.
Here’s an additional Gif
Aoharu x Machinegun is now legal to stream on Crunchyroll